Our personal advice for your own safety on Bali:
- While Jimbaran Bay is very safe for swimming please keep in mind that many Bali beaches are afflicted with dangerous riptides and undercurrents. So please take care while having fun in the water.
- Beware of the traffic! Be careful when crossing busy roads. Wear a helmet while riding a motorbike, use safety belt while driving a car. Every day three people loose their life on Bali’s roads.
Several governments give regularly updated advice for travellers to Indonesia. These reports deal with threats to safety and security such as terrorism, civil unrest/political tension, natural disasters, severe weather and climate and health issues.
So we have put together a few links for you:
- Travel Advice for Indonesia | Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Indonesia Travel Advice | British Foreign Office
- Indonesia Safety and Security | U.S. Department of State
- Travel Advisory – Indonesia | Government of New Zealand
- Travel Report Indonesia | Canadian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Indonesien – Reise- und Sicherheitshinweise | Auswaertiges Amt Bundesrepublik Deutschland